|Aliases||Wild card Woo Young-woo (by Kwon Min-woo)|
|Portrayed by||Park Eun-bin|
|Appears in||Extraordinary Attorney Woo|
|Debut||episode 1: "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" (2022)|
Woo Young-woo is the main character in the South-Korean legal series Extraordinary Attorney Woo.
Young-woo is a 28-year-old woman.
Young-woo is diagnosed with autism at a young age. She did not speak until she was five years old. Her first words were the legal definition of inflicting bodily injury after witnessing her landlord accost her father. Young-woo has memorised verbatim many of her father's law books. She also has an enormous interest in whales: her room is decorated with whale items, and she often relates things she sees in cases to whales. Her father warns her to not talk about whales at the law firm since it is not an appropriate topic to talk about. In addition to whales, Young-woo also has a fascination for palindromes (like her name, which is the same read forwards and backwards).
She is rather sensitive to sound. When going out, she often wears headphones, and she has a tendency to become overwhelmed by busy environments. She often self-regulates by tapping her ears.
Young-woo is very open about being autistic, including at her job.
- Lee Jun-ho: a popular and charming employee at Hanbada law firm. He quite fancies Youn-woo.
- Jung Myeong-seok: Young-woo's mentor and a senior lawyer at Hanbada. He is initially apprehensive about Young-woo's presence as an autistic lawyer, but quickly comes around.
- Woo Gwang-ho: Young-woo's father. He raised her by himself, and owns a restaurant.
- Han Seon-yeong: head of Hanbada law firm. She hired Young-woo due to her excellent performance at law school. Though Young-woo's application was initially rejected by the HR team, Seon-yeong considered that to be a mistake and made sure to get her on board with the company.
- Choi Soo-yeon: junior lawyer at Hanbada. She went to law school with Young-woo and now works with her on the same team.
- Kwon Min-woo: junior lawyer at Hanbada. He works on the same team as Young-woo.
- Dong Geu-ra-mi: Youn-woo's somewhat loud and chaotic friend. They've know each other since high school. She works at a small restaurant, where Young-woo sometimes comes to hang out and ask for advice. They have their own handshake.
- Kim Min-shik: owner of the restaurant where Gue-ra-mi works and Young-woo hangs out. They're friendly with each other, and he sometimes gives her advice as well.
Young-woo appears in all 16 episodes of season 1 of Extraordinary Attorney Woo. The series is renewed for a second season, set to air in 2024 without significant cast changes.
The series is set to receive a webtoon adaptation.
- Han Gue-ru, the main character from Move to Heaven, a Korean drama series with a similar vibe
- Jerry Espenson, an autistic lawyer from the 2004 American series Boston Legal